Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:04:58

Gilles,

Thank you again. Yes the levers on the carbs move in unison no matter how fast
the throttle lever is advanced. The whole operation is very smooth and fluent.

I'm no expert on any of this stuff I can assure you but I would expect the
engine
not to run smoothly if a throttle cable was to lag the throttle movement.

The engine runs like a sewing machine and my only observation is that the MAP
seems
slower to rise than expected be it true or imaginary!  Hence my dilemma.

Best regards
Kingsley

Sent from my iPhone

On 13/11/2012, at 9:00 PM, Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@ac-grenoble.fr> wrote:

> Kingsley Hurst a crit :!
>>

> Kingsley,
>
> Just to make sure. Have you checked that the throttle cables do respond
> correctly
to the throttle lever movements ?
> IIRC, there have been some instances of cables buckling instead of sliding in
their outer cases when one relies only on springs to open the butterflies in
the carburettors.

> To prevent this situation, our airplanes are equipped with solid piano wire
> 'cables'
providing some push-pull action. The carb springs are just there for peace
of mind.