Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Question for 914 users
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:00:21

Kingsley Hurst a crit :

> Conrad,
>
> Thank you very much for the sage advice. Just thinking....... I don't really
need to know what happens!

Kingsley,

Just to make sure. Have you checked that the throttle cables do respond
correctly to the throttle lever movements ?
IIRC, there have been some instances of cables buckling instead of
sliding in their outer cases when one relies only on springs to open the
butterflies in the carburettors.

To prevent this situation, our airplanes are equipped with solid piano
wire 'cables' providing some push-pull action. The carb springs are just
there for peace of mind.

FWIW,
Best regards,
--