RE: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:36:46

I notice that I also have 1mm play on one side. All the recommended solutio
ns seem really complicated.And I believe that I have grease between the TP1
0 and the torque tube=2C so the Loctite would never last.
Why wouldn't this work ?:  Insert another pin on the outside of the fuselag
e. There is a gap between the  TP12 and the fuse skin. Remove some of the s
kin to gain access for the drill bit and the pin=2C the skin is easily repa
ired afterwards. Drill a hole through the top only. Then insert a close fit
ting machined piece of aluminum rod=2C pre-drilled . This piece would have
a removable handle screwed into it near the edge to facilitate insertion an
d positioning. While rotating the insert apply Redux. Line up the holes aga
in and now drill the bottom hole. Insert the pin or bolt with locknut and r
emove the temporary handle.
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
> From: alancarteresq@onetel.net
> Date: Mon=2C 15 Oct 2012 12:10:18 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com

t>

> Hello Bud=2CBob=2C and All.
> Bud=2C Bob=2C you are real gentlemen=2C many thanks=2C I have enough info
rmation on this=2C now i must decide which way to go.
> Here in the UK i think the Mods have to be approved by the LAA=2C so even
 if you wanted to do them you would have to get LAA approval.
> New Pins=2C and or Clamps are approved.
> My idea would be a solid insert with a hole for a bolt=2C 4 of these woul
d be required=2C this insert placed inside the tube with the holes aligned
with the hole in the tube=2C a bolt with radial washer plates on each side
=2C the whole lot bolted up=2C the inserts keeping the tube in shape and ma
king a compression fit=2C very simple =2C and no movement.
> Even B and Q could do this.
> I think someone has already put this idea forward=2C and the only problem
 suggested was the tight fit=2C(which it good)=2Cbut would be difficult to
break if you wanted to remove it.This would be a very rare event=2C and it
may be a bit difficult=2Cbut could be done=2C and i am sure some one would
come up with a good way of breaking the fit to removing it if needed.