RE: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: craig <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 19:15:25
I did mine in a similar manner, two alloy slugs machined to be and
interference fit inside the

Tube, then 10mm stainless bolt that goes right through the tube to clamp the
whole lot together

The problem with this approach is the slug needs to be carefully machined so
the tube doesn't distort

When the bolts are tightened.

Regards

craig

Hello Pete,

In principle I understand what you are suggesting.

A few years ago, an engineer chap named John Baker here in Oz modified his
Europa along those lines. On his system, each pin is replaced by two studs.
There are two separate half round pieces placed within the tube and saddles
are placed on the outside. The studs then clamp the inner and outer pieces
together between which are