Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 14:11:24
Hello Pete,

In principle I understand what you are suggesting.

A few years ago, an engineer chap named John Baker here in Oz modified his E
uropa along those lines. On his system, each pin is replaced by two studs. T
here are two separate half round pieces placed within the tube and saddles a
re placed on the outside. The studs then clamp the inner and outer pieces to
gether between which are the inner and outer torque tubes which get very tig
htly clamped.

The only downside I can see is the cost of machining but if done in a produc
tion run I'm sure it could be done quite reasonably.

Regards

Kingsley

On 15/10/2012, at 7:51 AM, Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:

> Thinking out loud here,  what about very accurately machining substantive i
nternal bolt bushings (made of a material to not cause galvanic corrosion), t
ap them all the way down the tube to their proper location, then bolt tight t
he two tubes without fear of distortion?

rver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of GRAHAM SINGLETON
>> Sent: 14 October 2012 18:14
>> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 73
>>
>> No, they would distort the torque tube which must be perfectly circular
>> Graham

he hammering out of the holes over time.

=========
=========
=========
=========