Re: Europa-List: Re: Silicone Hoses for the Rotax 912 / 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Silicone Hoses for the Rotax 912 / 914
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:59:49
Hello Alan,

I can answer some of your questions:

There are hoses for each cylinder head and two larger diameter hoses that
go to the coolant radiator.

I can't say what the expected life of the hoses are, however if you keep
them free of oil or gasoline then I expect that these would last the life
of your engine.  Mine are not showing any signs of deterioration after 4
years

The CTC clips are highly desirable.  They allow for expansion and
contraction due to temperature. In my case, my hanger is not heated so the
aircraft can get down to -15c or lower.

All but one of the hoses are easy to change. One of the hoses on the
underneath is difficult and I don't know an easy way to changing it.
Perhaps others on the forum could help.

Paul

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>wrot
e: