Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:51:58
The Diamond Katana has a 2 blade Hoffman (doesn't it?) which makes the Rota
x sound more like a quiet Lycoming!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A______________________
__________=0A From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matroni
cs.com =0ASent: Tuesday, 26 June 2012, 22:39=0ASubject: RE: Europa-List: Re
: Contact detail & Help=0A =0A=0A =0A=0AFrans,=0A=0AMy prop is the identica
l model to yours; I was the first to install one, which prompted Woodcomp t
o make the first 10 inch spinner.=0AIt (the prop) makes a very nice low fre
quency sound when you listen to it from outside the aircraft.=0A=0AKarl=0A
=0A=0A=0A=0A> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 00:00:11 +0200=0A> From: frans@private
pilots.nl=0A> To: europa-list@matronics.com=0A> Subject: Re: Europa-List: R
Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>=0A> =0A> Hi Karl,=0A> =0A> > You mentioned
 that the prop is not as smooth at lower rpm's. I have the=0A> > same prop
and I discovered a long time ago that the carbs need to be in=0A> > sync 10
0% for a two-bladed prop.=0A> =0A> I agree with you. My carbs are 100% bala
nced, so the whole setup runs=0A> very smooth. However, it just feels the e
ngine runs best at 5000 RPM. I=0A> called it "smooth" in my previous post,
but it has nothing to do with=0A> vibrations, it is just the general impres
sion that the engine gives. At=0A> RPMs below 4700 it just sounds a bit as
if the engine is labouring, hard=0A> to describe precisely what I mean as E
nglish is a foreign language for me.=0A> =0A> On the ground the prop sounds
 very mean, especially if the wind is not=0A> precisely at front. I guess t
he inner part with lots of twist just=0A> stalls out if there is not enough
 airspeed. Once airborn the prop is=0A> very silent.=0A> Do you also have t