Re: Europa-List: Ball Joints

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ball Joints
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:58:43
Tony,

my P1 side plastic ball joint became loose and the metallic ball popped
out several times.
That happened several times only during I was opening the door.
So it was only harmful =93 no damages.
I analyzed why it popped out and found sometimes the pump itself rotated
such a way that it forced to separate the ball and the ball joint from
each others (because the ball joint was also loose).

I changed it to the stbd side (not so often in use) and cutted a small
piece of just an ordinary plastic bag.
Say 1=9D x 1=9D.
I wrapped it about 5 times and put it between the ball joint and ball.
That made the ball joint tight again.
Problem solved.

So far.

I will absolutely go on to the metallic ball joints when it is time to
do that.

Cheers, Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417

Updated flight hours /landings: