Re: Europa-List: Ball Joints

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ball Joints
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:16:44

Tony,
Very nice setup with the locking cir clip. I have had my struts dislodge twice
in 5 years, merely due to the bolt attachment coming loose. Otherwise the ones
that are issued are quite OK and lighter in construction. Remember the the cir
clip will not release the strut from the ball when needed under stress and
therefore
may do damage to your composite metal tongue the ball is bolted to. Just
a thought.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch,  8052
New Zealand.

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221

On 6/10/2011, at 9:40 PM, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gidday,
> I have had my door strut hydraulic struts on and off so many times, and
> co-incidentally
arm really glad the end caps, the ball joint cups are plastic. So,
when the time comes I reckon it might be worthwhile replacing them, or having
spares. I have seen photos on EuropaOwners of Dan Bish's album of a metal cup
with a locking cir-clip pin  rather than the plastic ones. He is unsure where
he got them from, maybe Europa, and so I am wondering if anyone knows where
these
can be sourced please??