Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident
From: Jim Brown <acrojim7534@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:11:14
I purchased the tube whenI purchased the tire from Dresser.....Sorry I do n
ot know the name of the tube...Your outlined plan seems to be well thought
out.=0A=C2-=0AJim=0A=0AFrom: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>=0ATo: eur
opa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:37 AM=0ASubject: Re
: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident=0A=0A=0AHi Jim, =0A=0A
have you any idea what is your tube brand name? I think that (the tube)=C2
- could be something between happy landing and a possible disaster or pai
n at least.=0A=0A***=0A=0ATo prevent future tube-related accidents my plan
is to go as follows:=0A=0A1) change a very best available tube (www.desser.
com , McCreary ?)=0A2) change it for new one regularly ie. once a year to p
revent it is ageing.=0A3) consider seriously what is the best size for it (
must be same as tyre and that is in my case 7.00-6)=0A4) install it with ex
treme care and baby bottom talcum=0A5) keep a good tyre pressure ie. 2,0
=93 2,2 bar=0A6) fill the tyre with some well known pre puncture liqu
id (www.slime.com ?)=0A7) have a low tube pressure on-flight control system
 (www.conrad.fr ,thanks Alain)=0A8) carry always in a plane a spare tube (w
ith a lifting block)=C2- =0A=0ARaimo Toivio OH-XRT Finland=0A=0AFrom: Jim
 Brown =0ASent: Monday, July 11, 2011 8:49 PM=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.c
om =0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident=0ARai
mo; sorry for the delay... The tire is a Goodyear 700X6=C2- 6Ply rated. T
his tire has about 400 hours on it. The tread wear is showing about half th
e tread is gone...=0A=C2-=0AJimBrown=0A=0AFrom: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivi
o@rwm.fi>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5
:34 PM=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident=0A
=0A=0ADear Jim=0A=0ARead careful my post: I like to use pressure 2,0 - 2,2
bars. 2,1 bar = 30,45 PSI. So we land with same pressures. Pressure - low
 or high - is not a reason.=0A=0AWhat is your tube brand name?=0AWhat is yo
ur tube and tyre size?=0A=0AUntil I will get a reason and solution I am goi
ng to do same as Paul is doing: changeing regularly tube. Makes me sense to
 change it every year (= in my case every 50 hrs /about 50 - 100 landings
. I never can do it in 30 minutes but so what. Tube is very cheap. For exam
ple yeasterday I spent 6 hrs fighting with that problem with my wife and th
at newspaperman. That is 18 hrs + all the extra fees + 400 km driving car.
That must be same as buying let us say 100 pcs of tubes.=0A=0ABTW also I us
e masses of baby bottom talcum. That delicate scent is a bit embarrassing..
.=0A=0ARaimo=0A=0A-----Alkuper=C3=A4inen viesti----- From: acrojim@cfl.rr.c
om=0ASent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 8:36 PM=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com
=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident=0A=0A-->
 Europa-List message posted by: <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>=0A=0AAll monowheel dri
vers=0A=0AFollowing this thread today... I have a few commits to throw to t
he forum...I notice that Europa requires very=C2- low tire pressure in th
eir manual....=0A=0AI also noticed today that quiet a few monowheel drivers
 are having flat's....I suspect that with the low air pressure, when you la
nd the sidewals are flexing due to low air pressure...this is probably "pin
ching the inner tube" and then the tire goes flat....=0A=0AI have always ke
pt 32 PSI in the tire. IN 10 years, and two tires and tubes, I have never h
ad a flat....Yes I know I have been blessed by the good luck god..=0A=0ATha
nk about it with 32 P S In the tube the sidewalls are not flexing......Just
 my thought's on this matter....=0A=0AJim Brown=0AMonowheel.......=0A=0A---
- Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com> wrote:=0A> Hi All,=0A> =0A>
I have found that the inner tubes on my mono to be an ongoing problem and I
=0A> now routinely change my inner tube every 150 hours as preventative=0A>
 maintenance.=C2- The tubes I have been using are not very expensive and
I think=0A> that they are from China. Recently Bud made me aware that there
 is a=0A> certified inner tube available at about 3 times the cost and if t
hey last=0A> longer then they would be so worth it!=0A> =0A> I do recall wh
en I mentioned on the forum that I was losing inner tubes=0A> regularly tha
t some people were surprised and that they had not had a=0A> problem so per
haps this can be accounted for by different inner tubes being=0A> available
. The failure I get is that the side wall of the inner tube get=0A> small s
plits in it due to chafing.=C2- I typically run my tire at about 24 psi,
=0A> which is higher than the recommended by Europa. BTW I do use talcum po
wder=0A> when I install the inner tube.=0A> =0A> I have had 3 blow outs on
a hard surface and fortunately I was able to keep=0A> directional control.
=C2- The challenge I found is that with a flat tire the=0A> mono is nearl
y impossible to move.=C2- It happen to me at a large airport once=0A> whi
ch got the airport authority excited because they had to shut the runway=0A
> down and divert all of the 737's to a shorter runway.=C2- I now carry a
 jacking=0A> block, tools and a spare inner tube with me and I can now do t
he change out=0A> in less than 30 minutes.=0A> =0A> Next time around I am g
oing to try a certified inner tube in the hope that=0A> it will last longer
.=0A> =0A> Paul=0A> =0A> =0A> >=0A> >=C2- *From:* Raimo Toivio <raimo.toi
vio@rwm.fi>=0A> > *Sent:* Wednesday, July 06, 2011 3:21 AM=0A> > *To:* Raim
o Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>=0A> > *Subject:* Tire /tyre landing incident
 > /accident=0A> >=0A> >=C2- Dear All,=0A> >=0A> > it is a long time sinc
e I have been here. > Today it happened something and I=0A> > got an Europa
 Energy Burst (aka ENB) to write > on the list. I think this=0A> > could be
 useful info for most of you Europa > (or any GA plane) operators. Let=0A>
> me tell you what was it and how it went:=0A> >=0A> >=0A> >=0A=0Abrowse=0A
Un/Subscription,=0AFAQ,=0Ahttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List=0A
Forums!=0AList Admin.=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0Ahttp:nbsp;=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-
=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2-=C2
=====0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0Ahref="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator
?Europa-List">http://www.matronhref="http://forums.matronics.com";>http://
forums.matronics.comhref="http://www.matronics.com/contribution";>http: