Fwd: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident

Subject: Fwd: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 08:38:46

> I keep the tyre pressure between 28-30 psi. No problems with the tyre afte
r 250hours 464 cycles. Only disadvantage with the higher pressure is one has
 to be more diligent on controlling the aircraft path when landing on hard p
avement runways. I did not use the original Europa tyre but use the Mccready
? Air tire, narrower and stronger.
> Tim
>
> Tim Ward
> 12 Waiwetu Street
> Fendalton,
> Christchurch,
> New Zealand.
>
> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>
> Ph 64 3 3515166
> Mob 0210640221
>

> On 7/07/2011, at 6:19 AM, Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com> wrote:
>

>> 10 years, one slow leak, 18 lbs
>> Mono
>> Jerry
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jul 6, 2011, at 10:36 AM, <acrojim@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>>

>>> All monowheel drivers
>>>
>>> Following this thread today... I have a few commits to throw to the foru
m...I notice that Europa requires very  low tire pressure in their manual...
.

>>> I also noticed today that quiet a few monowheel drivers are having flat'
s....I suspect that with the low air pressure, when you land the sidewals ar
e flexing due to low air pressure...this is probably "pinching the inner tub
e" and then the tire goes flat....

>>> I have always kept 32 PSI in the tire. IN 10 years, and two tires and tu
bes, I have never had a flat....Yes I know I have been blessed by the good l
uck god..

>>> Thank about it with 32 P S In the tube the sidewalls are not flexing....
..Just my thought's on this matter....

=========
=========
=========