Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:36:37
Hi Mike

I run a bit overpressurized (not me but my tire). That is from 2,0 to
2,2 bars. I hate a soft tire =93 it is like a waterfilled air
balloon and I as a child jumping on it.

BTW: I do not use gauge for checking an air pressure. I use a ruler
which is exatly 162 mm (6,38 inches) long. That is a distance from the
hard surface to the under surface of the center axle opposite brake disc
side.

- no batteries
- no calibration
- unbreakable
- very light
- very cheap
- very strong
- no one want to steal it
- easy to make a new one

OK =93 I know. It does not take care of a tire loosing rubber
material during the years but that is really insignificant. One
millimeter eq. about 0,01 bars. OAT means more. 162 mm is a good gap for
me at least!

***

I try to find a way to get a pressure info during flight. I assume there
could be findable batteryoperated wireless radio-operated pressure
senders which could locate in the valve top. Have you seen such an
items?

I wanna get a pressure info during the flight before landing and also to
know low pressure to land before no pressure at all.
That could make my day =93 I really wish yesterday was the last
incident like this.
I cannot be so lucky forever.
Modern cars do check the pressure by checking the rotateing speed of the
wheels but our tires are not rotateing when flying...

Cheers, Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417

Updated flight hours /landings: 214,2 /418

37500 Lempaala
FINLAND

p +358-3-3753 777
f +358-3-3753 100