Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:26:53

On 07/06/2011 03:51 AM, Raimo Toivio wrote:
> - noticed it is not *very* well steerable or att all and so we went out
> of the runway to the port side of the grass area

Glad to hear you and your airplane came out ok.

Makes me wonder if anyone ever had a flat tire with an Europa tri-gear?
What is then the sensation?

I guess if it is the nose wheel it is not a big thing with proper
landing habits. By the time it is loaded with weight the speed should
already be very low.
But what if it is one of the main gears? I guess it will take very hard
braking on the opposite wheel to prevent a very violent ground loop (if
at all it will be possible to brake hard enough).
Any experiences, opinions?

Frans