Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tire /tyre landing incident /accident
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:14:02
Graham,
Yes, I think that is why Kim Prout recommended the narrower McCreary tire an
d higher pressure
when I flew with him many years ago now.
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street
Fendalton,
Christchurch,
New Zealand.

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Ph 64 3 3515166
Mob 0210640221

On 7/07/2011, at 11:58 AM, GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
 wrote:

> Tim
> my dilute memory tells me that some of us concluded that the low pressure r
ecommended allowed the tire to slip circumferentialy too much which steadily
 wore out the inner tube. I used a higher pressure for that reason.
> Graham

er 250hours 464 cycles. Only disadvantage with the higher pressure is one ha
s to be more diligent on controlling the aircraft path when landing on hard p
avement runways. I did not use the original Europa tyre but use the Mccready
? Air tire, narrower and stronger.
>> Tim
>>
>> Tim Ward
>> 12 Waiwetu Street
>> Fendalton,
>> Christchurch,
>> New Zealand.
>>
>> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>>
>> Ph 64 3 3515166
>> Mob 0210640221
>>

>> On 7/07/2011, at 6:19 AM, Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com> wrote:
>>

>>> 10 years, one slow leak, 18 lbs
>>> Mono
>>> Jerry
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

um...I notice that Europa requires very  low tire pressure in their manual..
..

's....I suspect that with the low air pressure, when you land the sidewals a
re flexing due to low air pressure...this is probably "pinching the inner tu
be" and then the tire goes flat....

ubes, I have never had a flat....Yes I know I have been blessed by the good l
uck god..

...Just my thought's on this matter....

=======;           - MATRONI; http://www.matronics.com===
===================