RE: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service
From: nigel henry <gbupa@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:06:54

Well Guys=2C                do we fit a plank of wood to the front of the R
otax or are there other options I thought it was the prop of chose ? who's
next and why do the manufactures not take notice of the pilots in the seat
 it all seems to work well tillll ..... and not enough safety margin Option
s Guys |Options ?

> Date: Mon=2C 27 Jun 2011 22:38:02 +0300
> From: josok-e@ukolo.fi
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service
>

> Hi Mark=2C
>
> It's a pity Mark=2C that you have not checked the max DC specification of

> those microswitches. I am afraid they are even more underrated as their
> circuit breaker specification. I am also disappointed that you are not
> willing to comment on my "indoor use only" comment for these switches.
> I had tested the prop before when new=2C and did not test it after the
> repair. Maybe i was convinced that Woodcomp would have done a proper
> job. My mistake. Your scenario of the fatal flight could be possible=2C o
> not because your controller's pulse ratio would limit the max energy the

> motor would pull on full power.
>
> I think that Paul has now a good picture of the quality of the Woodcomp
> after sales service now. My god=2C you will need it. When ordering the
> prop from them do not forget to order spare microswitches=2C spare gears
=2C
> a spare motor spare diodes and ask them if you may change their
> specification to a 20 A circuitbreaker.
> Add a full fine to coarse excercise to your checklist=2C and check before

> every flight that the microswitches are still in one piece. It's a pity
> you will have to unbolt the prop for that=2C but hey=2C you have saved a

> couple of thousand.:-)
>
> Regards=2C
>
> Jos Okhuijsen
>

> 27.6.2011 17:35=2C Mark Burton kirjoitti:
> > -->  Europa-List message posted by: "Mark Burton"<markb@ordern.com>
> >
> > Hi=2C
> >
> > I have nothing to say re the suitability of the microswitches/diodes us
ed by Woodcomp in the SR3000. However=2C from what I know about the charact
eristics of the scimitar bladed SR3000 fitted with either the reversing or
feathering options=2C I feel that they are unlikely to have been the cause
of Jos' accident.

> > Let's consider some facts:
> >
> > Fact #1 - Woodcomp specified that a 10A circuit breaker should be used
with that propeller and I believe that's what was fitted to Jos's aircraft.

> > Fact #2 - under heavy load (high engine power=2C pitch motor stalled or
 moving very slowly)=2C the SR3000 pitch motor is capable of drawing more t
han 10A.

> > Fact #3 - Jos's propeller had recently returned from the factory and (J
os=2C please correct me if I am wrong)=2C had not been checked to see that
the fine limit microswitches were correctly set so that the aircraft would
be flyable with the pitch stuck on fully fine.

> > Therefore=2C it's possible for the C/B to pop simply by applying enough
 load to the pitch motor. If it pops when the prop is fully fine=2C expect
trouble.

> > Regards=2C
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > PS - I informed the factory in 2007 that the scimitar bladed SR3000 req
uired an excessive amount of current to go coarse . Nothing came of it.