Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp after Sales Service
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:30:24

On 06/28/2011 01:24 AM, Jos Okhuijsen wrote:
> Hi Frans
> As usual, you haven't got a clue, and your arguments limp.

Interesting to see then that my arguments are supported by Mark Burton
(manufacturer of the controller) and some others.
Your arguments limp, because numerous people have now tried to explain
that faulty microswitches can not be responsible for your crash, and you
still haven't got the clue.

> In very normal life the controller will run until the limit switches are
> opened.

Wrong again. The controller will run until the target RPM has been
reached. It has nothing to do with micro-switches at all. If a micro
switch opens when you reach the desired RPM then there is a grave error
in the whole setup. It is similar to trying to trim the airplane and the
trim servo reaches its end and cuts the power. If you have to trim the
airplane always to the end limiter, you'd better start checking a few
things. The micro switches should only open if for some reason the
controller tries to move the pitch outside the designed area.

> Is there somebody out there who can explain to this poor soul how it is
> supposed to work?

There are numerous people now trying to explain a few basic things, like
that broken micro switches can never cause the CB to blow and/or make
the prop go into a non-flyable state. Maybe you should read more
carefully what these people are trying to explain.

Frans