Re: Europa-List: throttle actuator authority

Subject: Re: Europa-List: throttle actuator authority
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 19:09:35
Glenn,
The throttle slot is cut by the builder.  Follow the build manual and
consider following the Rotax manual also.  I build into the 914s a stop
for 100% and ensure the forward slot will just bend the throttle cables
at full 115%.  For idle, I put a #10 nutplate and a 10-32 flat head
screw (a 525 10R-8 to 12 will work also) which is sufficiently long to
stop the throttle just as the carb idle stop is contacted.  Those with
vernier style throttles have a bit of a chore.  You must come up with
some method to stop from bending the idle stop which is a very common
rough running and engine failure problem.

Please consult the manual and pull the throttle box from the cockpit
module and get the throw correct.  At the end of a project, when our
attention to detail should be peaked and our research impeccable, we all
make minor mistakes.  Double check to be sure.  I have never had a
problem with the stock throttle operating flawlessly.

Regards,

Bud Yerly
Europa Tech Support
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.