Re: Europa-List: throttle actuator authority

Subject: Re: Europa-List: throttle actuator authority
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 08:50:43

Glenn,

If you have sufficient space between the end of the throttle lever and the face
of the instrument panel and all that is preventing full throttle travel it the
slot in the top of the throttle quadrant, then get a thin file and gently file
the slot forward enough to obtain your full throttle opening.  It shouldn't
take much additional movement of the throttle lever to get your 3mm at the
carbs.

Be sure you replace your throttle lever idle stop as required by Rotax.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Tri-Gear, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S Prop
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On May 15, 2011, at 6:43, Glenn Rainey wrote:

> Setting about carb' rebalance (912) we were puzzled to find the setup unable
to achieve full throttle arm position at the carb - i.e. we are about the width
of a 1 UKP coin short of the full throttle stop  ~3 mm, and in violation of
the rotax setup instructions.

> Tracing this geometrical conundrum back it appears that the slot in the
> throttle
'quadrant' plate in the cockpit is too short by about ~2cm. Has anyone
encountered
this? The build manual does not indicate dimensions of the throttle lever,
so either there is a mal-position of holes in the arm, or the slot was too
short to start with, or both. We have not yet opened the throttle lever box.
The aircraft has over 400hrs of normal ops, but we worry we might be a tad short
of full rated T/O power.