Europa-List: throttle actuator authority

Subject: Europa-List: throttle actuator authority
From: Glenn Rainey <nimbusaviation@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 12:43:48

Setting about carb' rebalance (912) we were puzzled to find the setup unable to
achieve full throttle arm position at the carb - i.e. we are about the width
of a 1 UKP coin short of the full throttle stop  ~3 mm, and in violation of the
rotax setup instructions.

Tracing this geometrical conundrum back it appears that the slot in the throttle
'quadrant' plate in the cockpit is too short by about ~2cm. Has anyone
encountered
this? The build manual does not indicate dimensions of the throttle lever,
so either there is a mal-position of holes in the arm, or the slot was too
short to start with, or both. We have not yet opened the throttle lever box.
The aircraft has over 400hrs of normal ops, but we worry we might be a tad short
of full rated T/O power.

There was a small stop installed at idle (cockpit), however with this removed
the
problem remains.

Glenn Rainey
Cumbernauld, Scotland