Re: Europa-List: Gas Springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gas Springs
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 22:33:38

Paul,

McMaster-Carr ( http://www.mcmaster.com/ and search "gas springs") has a broad
assortment of gas springs and a good information page.  I think they may have
suitable replacements.

Check six,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117

On Apr 24, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Paul McAllister wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My gas springs don't seem to be able to hold the doors up these days and I
> need
to replace them. I was wondering if anyone happens to know of an equivalent
gas spring that can be sourced in the US.

> The Europa supplied gas spring is made by Industrial Customline in the UK with
a p/n of  GS8699-1.  There WEB site does not give me any clue as to the
specifications
of the spring so I haven't been able to cross reference it.