Europa-List: Gas Springs

Subject: Europa-List: Gas Springs
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 16:42:20
Paul, I am in the same situation as you.  I tried McMaster to no avial.
 They have some that are close but not quite the same, and I don't want
to relocate mounting brackets.  I have been told that Europa supplied ga
s springs can be recharged.  I did notice that there is a schrader valve
, so maybe they can be recharged with nitrogen.  I need to take a closer
 look when I get some time. ErichN28ET Classic Mono 914   Hi All,

My gas springs don't seem to be able to hold the doors up these days and
need to replace them. I was wondering if anyone happens to know of an
equivalent gas spring that can be sourced in the US.

The Europa supplied gas spring is made by Industrial Customline in the U
with a p/n of  GS8699-1.  There WEB site does not give me any clue as to
 the
specifications of the spring so I haven't been able to cross reference i
t.

Thanks - Paul