Re: Europa-List: phones for flying

Subject: Re: Europa-List: phones for flying
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:23:58
Gerry, David, and Paul,

Thanks for your replies...I own neither an iPhone nor and iPad at
present; if fact, I remain "cell-free", and my ignorance must be
apparent. However, I've heard nothing but wonderful things about apps
related to flight planning, and, I gather that additional apps are
earning these iP's a place in the cockpit...hence...as I'm just
beginning to cut my subpanels, it seemed like a good idea to locate a
receptacle to be able to power them up.

I initially resisted using a cigar lighter socket...it seems so
archaic...but hey, how much simpler could it be?

Rest assured, I will be relying on Mr. Garmin and Mr. Dynon for
navigation...not Mr. Jobs (cool as that might be).

Cheers,

Fred