Re: Europa-List: phones for flying

Subject: Re: Europa-List: phones for flying
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 10:52:23
Gents,

FWIW, Air Guide has their FlightGuide EFB for the iPhone, iPad and
Mac/PC. Great for flight planning and flight monitoring.  Plus it now
has an aviation-grade bluetooth GPS for use with the iPad.  Not
inexpensive but not outrageous either.  I can't rate it right now but
it's what I plan to use after I get my iPad next year.

Check six,
Bob Borger
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Europa XS, Short Wing, Intercooled Rotax 914
rlborger@mac.com
Cel: 817-992-1117

On Dec 27, 2010, at 9:02 AM, Garry Stout wrote:

> The GPS which comes with the iPad is not =93aviation grade=94.  I also
bought the Bad-elf chip and my Foreflight app runs much better and more
accurately.