Europa-List: Re: Anyone considered a ULPOWER UL260i engine

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Anyone considered a ULPOWER UL260i engine
From: MalcolmH <mhendra@f2s.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 06:32:37

I have been in contact with Europa and ULS with regard to installation of the
UL260i
engine.

I fully endorse what Ian and others have said. The Europa is not high on Swifts
priorities and although they would be willing to provide data for ULS to design
and build an engine mount, thats about as far as it would go.

ULS have stated to me that they would provide an engine mount, at some cost!!
(forget
what they quoted)

I have neither the will nor the experience to take on such a job so I'm taking
the tried and tested Rotax 912S route. Besides my kit (121) has so far been 15
years in being beautifully built by Gerry Cole (finishing by me) and needs to
be flying. So I'm taking the easy option.

I notice on the ULS website that someone has (or is in the process of) fitting
one to their XS tri although no link for further info is available. Is that the
same as the one referred to in the posts above. Strange, it states the aircraft
is being built in the USA but the photo shows a UK registration?

Read this topic online here: