Re: Europa-List: Re: Anyone considered a ULPOWER UL260i engine

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Anyone considered a ULPOWER UL260i engine
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:08:20

At the recent AeroExpo show at Booker I know that the UL team met with the
Swift team to discuss the installation in a Europa. I can only echo Ian
Rickards comments that in the UK it will cost time and money to get the
installations together and this engine does not necessarily sit as the
highest priority for the Company at present (I speak as an outsider without
clear knowledge of Swift's intentions).
I went to have a look at the show stand and discussed the engine with the UL
team. Not being a qualified engineer it did not mean a lot to me so I cannot
pass comment on its pros and cons against the Rotax.
All I can say is my 912S continues to work wonders at an economical rate and
performance.
Regards
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH