Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question

Subject: Europa-List: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question
From: duanefamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:25:28

Good day All,

I am mounting my Sensenich R642N Ground Adjustable prop to the engine flan
ge and wanted to verify with those that have already accomplished this tas
k if I am understanding the mounting procedure.
The spinner flange goes against the engine flange then the large aluminum
 mount goes on. These are held by six AN5-15A bolts inserted from the rear
 with a dual interlocking washer under the head, then another interlocking
 washer under the Nylock nut with all this torqued to 30 ft/lbs in sequenc
e. Then the center adjusting hub and both prop blades are mounted with the
 front half of the aluminum mount. These are mounted with another six AN5-
15A bolts with a dual interlocking washer under each head and torqued to
 30 ft/lbs.
Am I understanding this correctly? Has anyone used Loctite on any of the
 threads? What about safety wire?.....wanted?.......required?

Mike Duane
Europa XS Conventional Gear
Jabiru 3300
Sensenich Prop