Europa-List: Europa- Fresh air vents

Subject: Europa-List: Europa- Fresh air vents
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:07:51

<<<<<<<<<the plastic adjustable NACA duct type air inlets by
 pilot and passenger's knees, but these are not particularly
effective.>>>>>>>>

In my opinion the supplied NACA are very effective to cool the pilot
left and passenger's right knees only. After living with that
inconvenience for 7 years and 600 flight hours, I decided to fix it. I
made a fiberglass conduit which is glued in place and allows the fresh
air from the NACA to be rerouted forward to an aluminum eyeball vent.
The original Naca shutoff panel has been removed. The conduit is hidden
behind the sidewall carpeting.  See attached pictures. Now I can direct
fresh air were I want it. The pilot side vent has been tested for one
year now and the pax side was installed last october. Both are very
effective.

Remi Guerner
F-PGKL