Re: Europa-List: Europa- Fresh air vents

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa- Fresh air vents
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:18:43

Bob-

I have been working with Flight Crafters and have installed the system as I
 have progressed.=C2- They recommend an NACA duct mounted on the rudder.
=C2- Attach a 2 inch stainless mesh to it to keep critters out and FLOX i
t in.=C2- I used the mesh from a stainles steel tea strainer.=C2- Run
=C2-2 inch SCAT tubing to a channel along the inside of the fuselage top.
=C2- The channel is made from 2 X BID over a foam mold.=C2- The channel
 feeds the overhead panel where you can install eye vents.=C2- I used a s
ingle very large eye vent from Stein Air in the back and another in the fro
nt.=C2- How does it work?=C2- Can't say, I am not flying yet, but Bob h
as installed a number and says they work just fine.=C2- He uses the small
er eyeball vents.=C2- Also, AS sells an "ultimate vent" that you install
directly under the rear corners of the windshield that supposedly works ver
y well.=C2- The price of all the vents is bout $ 100 each.=C2-

Jim Puglise A-283