Europa-List: Europa- Fresh air vents

Subject: Europa-List: Europa- Fresh air vents
From: Bob Fairall <Bob.Fairall@fairalls.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:25:24
I'm progressing well on my second Europa (kit 494) and exploring the optio
ns for cockpit fresh air.

My existing Europa has the plastic adjustable NACA duct type air inlets by
 pilot and passenger's knees, but these are not particularly effective.

I have heard of and seen a number of roof entry fresh air systems which I
gather are very effective, but I recall reading somewhere that cutting the
 roof can compromise the strength of the cockpit module.

All (UK) LAA approvable suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Bob Fairall (G-BXLK, mono classic, 400 hours and for sale, & G-CBXW)