Europa-List: Re: Europa- Fresh air vents

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa- Fresh air vents
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:20:05

Hi All,

I have been flying my bird for more than five years with Bob and Russell's
design for a rudder to canopy overhead vents.

I have to say its a great idea, that the fronto-lateral surface of the
rudder should be a nice high pressure area to feed the duct, but in
practice, in cruise, the air flow from these vents is barely perceptible.

Far more ventilation occurs from the open armrest/fuel filter tunnel,
probably from the flap slots (which should be negative pressure at
first look!)

If I felt like an improvement in this department, I would cover the
external naca vent and just put a rotating vent in the door window.

Just my opinion!

Ira

--------
Ira N224XS