Re: Europa-List: Europa- Fresh air vents

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa- Fresh air vents
From: ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 19:59:11

Hi Bob
I have fitted a Pair of ultimate vent to my aircraft, They work very well, much
better that the Europa NACA vents, The only problem is a small amount of weepage
if flying in rain, In Spain this year with temperatures approaching 40C it
was bearable, so I would recomend them.
Ivor
---- Bob Fairall <Bob.Fairall@fairalls.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm progressing well on my second Europa (kit 494) and exploring the options
for cockpit fresh air.

> My existing Europa has the plastic adjustable NACA duct type air inlets by
> pilot
and passenger's knees, but these are not particularly effective.

> I have heard of and seen a number of roof entry fresh air systems which I
> gather
are very effective, but I recall reading somewhere that cutting the roof can
compromise the strength of the cockpit module.