Re: Europa-List: Cowling with no access doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cowling with no access doors
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:11:52

Fred,

I assume you mean the inlet which is center of the upper cowling?
That is a standard Europa engine air inlet.
You have not Europa engine kit because your choice is Subaru?
They supply Naca splash mounts with it but obviously they sell them separately.

"but I'm scratching my head on how
to construct air box / inlet interface w/ the upper cowl being
removable."

Find "Europa XS Rotax 912S Engine Manual, issue 2" and look at chapter 8 pages
1-5.
I think you will get a good idea when reading that manual. It is just sealed by
rubber lips.
I have always thought that seal is not necessary to be tight.

Hope this helps,

Raimo OH-XRT