Re: Europa-List: Short wing versus glider wing root shape

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Short wing versus glider wing root shape
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:47:36

Fred Klein wrote:
> FWIW, I think what would be helpful to Frans is for someone w/ the
> glider wings to tape a sheet of paper to the fuselage w/ a hole for the
> spar and registration marks at the front and rear drag pins, then insert
> the wing, and draw an outline of the glider wing fairing as it kisses
> the fuselage...and then mail it to him!

That would indeed be ideal, but I dare not to ask for this, knowing that
we are all busy with either building or our flying hobby. If someone
would like to do this though, I will of course take care of the mailing
costs. Don't start right away though, because I'm re-evaluating what I'm
trying to do, and maybe I will follow another approach that makes this
glider fairing stuff unneccesary. So, if someone is prepared to do this,
send me an email, and I will let you know whether it is still needed.

--
Frans Veldman