Re: Europa-List: Short wing versus glider wing root shape

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Short wing versus glider wing root shape
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 14:48:31

Hi Karl,

> The glider wing root fairings are larger and completely enclose the
> root, including the flap drive tube and hole. There is a small bulge
> where the flap tube fits. I have to lower the flap drive tube to
> almost the maximum before fiting the wings. The airbrakes are quite a
> way outboard from the fuselage.

Thanks for the info.
But do I understand correctly that the glider wings actually have a
larger chord line than the short wings? I thought they are larger
lengthwise, but have a smaller chord line. Or is it just the fairing
which is larger? If that is the case, I could modify it.
Has anyone a picture for me?

--
Frans Veldman