Europa-List: Shortening throttle cable

Subject: Europa-List: Shortening throttle cable
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 07:38:53

Fellow Europaphiles,

Spent yesterday (4th) morning under the Europa.  I have replaced the
stranded cable in my throttle with solid 0.065 stainless steel.  I
also replaced my home-made throttle box with a new TH01 from Europa
while I was at it.  It all seems to work well enough except that the
solid cable has a lot of drag in those long cable runs.  I am
considering shortening the run from firewall to carbs to reduce the
drag.  My question for those of you who have done this is: How do you
reconnect the cable housing to the threaded adjustment unit on the
carb end after you have cut the cable housing to length?  Second
question: Is there a preferred length/route from the firewall to the
carbs?

I'll be posting pics of yesterday's work later today.  Right now I
have to go Northwest Regional to work on completion of a Little Toot
we have been building for the last 4 months.  Hope to have it (and my
Europa) flying by the coming weekend.

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Aircraft Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208