RE: Europa-List: First engine run; what is normal?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: First engine run; what is normal?
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 17:14:21

Hi Frans=2C

I don't know the 914=2C but your coolant temperature seems to indicate a pr
oblem. Usually=2C it is one of the three:

1) You changed the hoses and one or more clamps are not tight under pressur
e.

2)  The filler cap is not fully tightened=2C maybe a clamp obstructing it.

3)  Air lock

For carb balancing I used an electronic indicator from a car parts shop. An
y uneven combustion will cause vibration with a two-bladed prop. At least t
hat was my experience. The prop is already factory balanced=2C so don't mes
s with that.

Karl

> Date: Fri=2C 24 Apr 2009 22:47:49 +0200
> From: frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl