RE: Europa-List: 914 Waste gate servo mounting position question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Waste gate servo mounting position question
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:28:56
Mike,

We have not seen similar problems on 914 installations, which are
different from the 912S.  The key to look for are the spark plug wire
marker bands.  On ours, the ones on the lower plugs quickly shriveled up
to a very thin, dark brown band that could no longer be read.  If yours
are still yellow and readable, you do not have the kind of cooling issue
we had.

Having said that all installations are not the same, I still believe our
measurements gave a very strong indication that the gills are
counterproductive to engine cooling in flight.

Regards,

Terry Seaver