RE: Europa-List: 914 Waste gate servo mounting position question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Waste gate servo mounting position question
From: Jim Brown <acrojim7534@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 05:06:49
I am from the school of thought, that if the engine needs something to func
tion (ie wastgate servo) that it needs to be where it can be checked, as ne
eded, replaced if necessary, without having to access it from behind the pa
nel.
=C2-
I installed the servo on the top of the=C2-passenger side of the footwell
.. We have 800 hours on this installation, and at this point in time there h
ave been no problems. I am able to system check the servo each time I have
the cowling off. When and if I need to work on, or replace the servo or cab
le it will just a matter of removing the cowl.
=C2-
Just my two cents worth, no slam intended.
=C2-
Jim Brown