Re: Europa-List: Re: How goes flight testing?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: How goes flight testing?
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:50:33

Robert Borger wrote:

> that's sort of what I have been trying to do.  Get the tail down
> without excessive pitch angle so that the last bit of drop isn't so
> bad.  But you are right, If you nail the tail down first, it won't go
> flying again.  But if the drop of the main is more than a few inches
> the resulting bounce off the main wheel will point you in any
> direction except straight down the runway.
Bob
check the spring tension on the tailwheel, it needs to be fairly tight,
say 3/16" of compression at center. I used to have it fairly slack but
you will have more authority with it tighter. If you have my mod. I
recommend the wider tail wheel horn, also gives mroe authority, Go for
51/2" between the cables at the wheel horn.
The other thing to check is that the outriggers are firmly down on the
ground tail down. If they allow wobbling from one side to the other that
will cause snaking.
Graham