RE: Europa-List: Mixture control

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mixture control
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:59:13
Hi Greg,

We have been flying over 7 years, but only about one year since
installing  the mixture control.  My partner, Dave DeFord did most of
the testing, so he knows the specifics better than I do.  As I recall,
we can reduce fuel flow 5+%, at altitudes of 8000-10000 feet.  It
doesn't work well at full throttle, because it requires a pressure
difference across the carb butterfly to work.  This means it is less
effective at very high altitudes where you would need full throttle to
get to cruise power.

The device we used is the Green Sky HACman mixture control system, see
their URL at;
http://www.greenskyadventures.com/bing/HACmandetails.htm

regards,
Terry Seaver