Europa-List: Mixture control

Subject: Europa-List: Mixture control
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:33:27
Graham,

I agree that the inlet configuration is important. As I am using the
Rotax 912 series optional airbox, this may be the cause of the different
mixture distribution compared to the same engine type fitted with the
Europa airbox.

Remi

the inlet to the carbs can have a marked effect. Some friends were
struggling with a Jab6 installation, single Bing carb, the rear
cylinders were overheating. After many fruitless efforts with cooling
baffles over a frustrating year, the cure was to replace the nice smooth

elbow at the inlet with a square box. Courtesy of Tony Higgins
experience.
Graham