RE: Europa-List: fuel pump etc

Subject: RE: Europa-List: fuel pump etc
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:59:03

>If anyone has produced a table, or schematic, or drawing of
>all the different fittings sizes, and where they were used, it would be oh
>so most helpful to me

Greg - here's the list I have prepared so far, for a 912S installation.

Port outlet, tank fitting A, side 1/4" NPT
AN822-6D elbow
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
3/8" OD aluminium tube
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
AN822-6D elbow
FS20x7F Andair left inlet

Starboard outlet, tank fitting B, side 1/4" NPT
AN822-6D elbow
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
3/8" OD aluminium tube
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
AN822-6D elbow
FS20x7F Andair right inlet

FS20x7F Andair bottom outlet
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
3/8" OD aluminium tube
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
GAS375 Andair gascolator inlet

GAS375 Andair gascolator drain
DV125 Andair drain valve

GAS375 Andair gascolator primer port
NP125 Andair 1/8" NPT plug (AN913-1D)

GAS375 Andair gascolator outlet
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
3/8" OD aluminium tube
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
AN6 to 1/8" NPT straight or elbow?
Fuel pump inlet

Fuel pump outlet
AN6 to 1/8"NPT straight or elbow
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
3/8" OD aluminium tube
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
AN832-6D bulkhead union & AN924-6D nut
101-06 aluminium hose-end straight
100-06 SS braided nitrile hose
Engine-driven pump inlet - 8mm - Speedflow hose finisher clamp

Engine-driven pump outlet - 6mm - what? - to carbs

Carbs fuel return through restrictor + 6mm adaptor?
100-06 SS braided nitrile hose
AN832-6D bulkhead union & AN924-6D nut
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
3/8" OD aluminium tube
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
AN823-6D elbow
Vent, tank fitting C, side 1/4" NPT

Port outlet, tank fitting A, end 1/8" NPT
AN914-1D elbow
DV125 Andair drain valve

Starboard outlet, tank fitting B, end 1/8" NPT
AN914-1D elbow
Andair drain valve

Port outlet, tank fitting A, side 1/8" NPT
AN842-4D elbow
Restrictor
TU23RM 6mm polyurethane sight tube
AN838-4D bulkhead elbow & AN924-4D nut
Filler moulding top end

Vent, tank fitting C, end 1/4" NPT
AN823-6D elbow
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
3/8" OD aluminium tube
AN819-6D sleeve & AN818-6D nut
AN833-6D elbow & AN924-6D nut
Filler moulding top end

Filler moulding top end
AN833-4D elbow & AN924-4D nut
AN819-4D sleeve & AN818-4D nut
1/4" OD aluminium tube to atmosphere

This is still subject to editing in the light of experience - but I
hope it will be of some use.

Note that I am planning to leave out the factory-supplied glass
filters which are intended to be fitted upstream of the selector. My
thinking is that the filter area in the Andair gascolator is so much
bigger than the factory ones, and it will be so much easier to check,
that having 1 filter instead of 2 will not increase risk of fuel
starvation significantly.

I am also planning to modify Graham Singleton's sight gauge
modification, by taking the upper end to the filler moulding instead
of the top tank vent. I've heard reports of fuel coming back down
---From the vent when the tank is filled and causing airlocks in the
sight gauge.

BTW, apologies for my late responses to the original replies to my
posting. The Matronics list server suddenly decided to reject my
messages, thanks to a badly-configured spam filter, and it was
several days before i could get through again.

regards

Rowland