RE: Europa-List: sight tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: sight tube
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:33:50
Yes, it looks like I would be able to use the same input conditioning for an
EFIS that you used for the PIC. I would need both the 12V regulator (sensor
and Burr-Brown amp) and 5 volt regulator  to use the clamping diodes.

I looked up info on the Odyssey again, and it will handle up to two tank
inputs, but it wants resistive inputs to its engine management system.
Remembering back, this is another reason I went with a standard float type
sensor.

That said, I think an analog fuel level gauge would look nice (and fit) on
the center console, close to the fuel valve. Could simplify, and get rid of
the clamp circuit.  Linearity of fuel used might be my only problem then,
and that is where reverting back to the PIC circuitry may have to happen.
Chasing my tail in this paragraph. :-)

If I had stuck with the Dynon EFIS idea, it would have made this part
easier.

Greg F

  _____