RE: Europa-List: sight tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: sight tube
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:44:24
> My current plan is to go with an MGL Avionics Odyssey. I bet I can
take the
> sensor output and slightly re-scale it to match the Odyssey input
needed,
> but have not looked at it yet.

If you are using a system that a 0-5v input and has it's own scaling
capability (such as the Dynon) then all you need is the power supply,
pressure transducer, amplifier and clamping diode part of my circuit.
I'd just add a 22k ohm resistor in the output line to limit the current.

Fill the tank and then adjust the potentiometer on the amplifier to give
you 5v at the input of your instrument. Once you have done that you can
follow the linearisation process provided by the instrument
manufacturer.

Tony