Re: Europa-List: sight tube

Subject: Re: Europa-List: sight tube
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 20:38:49

On Friday, Aug 1, 2008, at 18:48 US/Pacific, Greg Fuchs wrote:

> It looks like the end fittings are plastic, as well. Any ideas as to
> the type of sealant to use on the pvc-pvc fittings?

Greg,

I tapped the tube ends to match up w/ a Nyloc nipple which threads into
an aluminum 90 degree fitting at the top which is barbed on the other
end to receive the vent tubing...the bottom of the pipe (not shown) is
threaded to receive a Nyloc straight fitting which is barbed on the
other end to receive the 5/16" teflon lined fuel injection hose which I
used for the balance of my fuel system (aft of the firewall). All
fittings from Acft Spruce; I used standard automotive thread sealant.

Fred
A194

--
believed to be clean.