RE: Europa-List: sight tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: sight tube
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 18:48:12

Thanks for the pics. Nice installation Fred, and a great way for a refueling
check. The extra bidding is a good way to keep the surface flat. It looks
like the end fittings are plastic, as well. Any ideas as to the type of
sealant to use on the pvc-pvc fittings? I wonder if the standard pvc cement
will work, that is if it acts as a solvent and melts the plastic together,
it might be doing the same thing as the heat welds. What did you use?
Since yours were turned, I imagine some sort of sealer?

There is a big possibility I will install the site gauge in the front of the
seat back area, between the two seats.
I have also heard of others placing it in the seat back area behind the
seats?? If anyone has a picture or link for that installation, let me know.
I would like to evaluate both, before committing.

> Greg...per your request, a couple of pixs of my installation.

Regards,

Greg F  A050