Re: Europa-List: Fuel tank - bulges and leakage.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel tank - bulges and leakage.
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 13:59:40

Duncan,

During this current thread, I introduced the assumption that the Europa
tanks are made of HDPE.  Based on the extensive bulging some have
experienced, however, my source of much more knowledge than I possess
assumes it might be LDPE - which he in general does not find suitable for
gasoline containers.  There are some unfortunate "Europeans" who can attest
to that  - - - - .

As others have stated already, gasoline composition varies from brand to
brand, etc.

The fact that your non-fluorinated tank has not bulged is quite interesting.
What type of fuel have you used - unleaded mogas or leaded Avgas?

Regards
Svein

LN-SKJ

PS:  EA2004 has not been open for business since I copied them one my