Re: AW: Europa-List: Fuel tank - bulges and leakage.

Subject: Re: AW: Europa-List: Fuel tank - bulges and leakage.
From: tony.bale@virgin.net <tony.bale@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 14:16:14

Davin,
After flying with fuel smell off and on for three years (tight turns and
decent indused the odour), two weeks ago we put a concerted effort into
fixing the problem. We blew down the breather and then blanked it off
pressurising the system, head inside the cockpit and it stunk of fuel. It
turned out that the redux joint around the top of the filler tube (inside)
was not 100%. We re sealed it and today I took it for a good test. Best
flight ever - no fuel fumes at all.

T.