Europa-List: Mod 72 Debacle

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 72 Debacle
From: flyingphil2 <ptiller@lolacars.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:39:36

Suppose that you were doing Mod 72 and it was going to be really easy as you you
are still building and haven't got the engine attached.

So, suppose that you have borrowed the club reamer and opened up the tubes in
the
undercarriage frame and cleaned them out.  The unpainted inserts could then
be pushed in by hand until only about 1cm was showing.

Suppose then that you were rather enthusiastic with the etch primer and after it
had dried, tried to push the inserts in.  Having got them half way in with a
hammer, what would you do if they really really didn't want to go any further
in?  I mean hitting them with a hammer via a block of wood is just splitting
the wood.

What would you do?  I doubt they are going to come out.  Should I hit them
harder,
heat the frame, pour acetone down to remove the etch primer or just wait for
the ACF 50 to work it's way through and try again?

Any thoughts would be more than appreciated,

Thanks,

Phil

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org