RE: Europa-List: AZ Europa Owners

Subject: RE: Europa-List: AZ Europa Owners
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:09:57
The issue  is draining the fuel out of the tank and  having it empty for an
extended
length of time.  The tank "drys out" and contracts.  A crack will develop
along a bondline of one of the  fiberglass mounting layups.  No one tells you
this.  Evidently it is  quite common in this type of tank.  A kit car company
makes this type  of tank and  they note that if you fibergalass their tank in
and let it dry out this will occur.  These tanks are supposed  to be strapped
in so they can move around at will.

Steve

Sent: 4/3/2008 7:54:21 PM

Steve-

That's several people who have had problems with the gas tank.  Are you using a
Rotax and mogas?their

Jim

From: "Steve Hagar" <hagargs@earthlink.net>

Mine is basically complete I have about 25 hours on it but it has been cut open
to get the gas tank out because it had developed a crack.  I am just
procrastinating
while I am developing an aluminum tank for it.  Have your buddy E mail
me at hagargs@earthlink.net

Steve Hagar
Mesa, AZ

Sent: 4/2/2008 4:01:04 PM
Subject: Europa-List: AZ Europa Owners

I have a friend in Phoenix that would like to see a completed Europa.  I know
there
are a couple there.  Can you e-mail me details?

Thanks -
Jim Puglise A-283, Punta Gorda, FL